Welcome to the Weight Loss Health Challenge Template for Apple Numbers! This template helps you organize a health challenge that spans 12 weeks in which participants can pay an entrance fee, and compete in weekly health challenges earning points along the way. After the 12 weeks the person with the most points will win the 1st place cash prize! There will also be a 2nd and 3rd place cash prize as well.
This template will help the organizer manage everything he needs to make this weight loss challenge a success! From making it simple to keep track of users weight, weekly points, to keeping track who has paid and not paid. It’s everything you need to for a successful health challenge.
Plus, being that it’s a template for Apple Numbers App, you can publish directly to iCloud and send the link to the challengers so they can see the updated results whenever they’d like. This tracker template becomes like a web page that they can visit at any time. It’s a great solution to making any weight challenge a success!
How the Weight Loss Challenge Template Works:
- You first setup this template and (optional) publish your iCloud. We’ve created a video tutorial that walks you through how to do this.
- You then decide as a group what your entrance fee will be for each person. I’ve personally done this challenge where it was $25 p/person, and also only $5 p/person. It’s up to you. Each person will then send the organizer the money (For Example via Venmo or PayPal, etc).
- Then to start the challenge each person send in their start weight. We recommend everyone to send a photo of their weight with them on the scale. The organizer now enters everyones start weight into this template.
- Then the challenge is underway. Each person has the opportunity to earn 20 points each week. 5 points for drinking water, 5 points for 30 minutes of exercise, 5 points for completing the weekly challenge, and 5 points for losing weight from the previous week. As outlined in the description below:
- WATER – Drink 8 glasses (approximately 8oz) water daily (64oz total). This must be done 5 of the 7 days each week. This will earn a maximum of 5 points (1pt/day)
- EXERCISE – Exercise 30 min daily. This must be done 5 of the 7 days each week. This will earn a maximum of 5 points (1 pt/day).
- 2-WEEK CHALLENGE – Complete the 2 week challenge (as shown below). You must do this 5 of the 7 days a week. This will earn a maximum of 5 points per week (1pt/day).
- WEIGH-IN GOAL – Finally, you will earn points for losing weight, gaining weight, maintaining weight, or losing inches. (Whichever of the 4 is your personal goal) If you meet your goal at weigh-in, you get 5 points.
- Every Saturday (or the day you select) each person will send in a photo of their weight, and they score for the week. Then the organizer will enter this data into this template.
- As the weeks go on for 12 weeks you’ll have a winner based on the points that they earned. The person with the highest points at the end wins! There is a 1st place prize (60% of the pot), 2nd place prize (25% of the pot), and 3rd place prize (15% of the pot) that you award at the end of the challenge.
That’s it! This template makes it easy to track all of that!
As mentioned, this challenge is designed to span 12 weeks, so you switch off a challenge every two weeks for a total of 6 different challenges that the participants go through. Here are the challenges below:
- Weeks 1-2: REGULAR MEALS – No meal skipping! Eat 3 small meals and 2 small snacks daily (try to eat every 2-3 hours; this will maximize your metabolism)
- Weeks 3-4: 5 SERVINGS OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES – You must eat 5 servings (approximately 1 cup) of fruits or vegetables daily. This must be done 5 of the 7 days each week. This will earn a maximum of 5 points (1pt/day)
- Weeks 5-6: NO EATING PAST 8 PM – No eating after 8pm. Hurry home and eat, brush your teeth, and call it quits. This will earn a maximum of 5 points (1 pt/day)
- Week 7-8: GET 8 HOURS OF SLEEP – Make sure you are letting your body rest and recover from all the work you are putting it through. Get 8 hours of continuous and uninterrupted sleep (waking up for kids is okay).
- Weeks 9-10: BYE-BYE-SUGAR – Get rid of your sweet tooth by eating 40 grams or less per day of unnatural sugar (fruits, vegetables and milk sugars do not count towards the total).
- Weeks 11-12: NO SODA – That’s right…time to give it up. This includes diet soda…all carbonation is off limits for two weeks.
Health Challenge Results
The template will update the results automatically as you enter in data and because you can publish this to iCloud users can see live updated results at any time! The results will look something like this:
I’ve personally used this template I designed 4 times with a family Health Challenge and it’s worked remarkably well. We all stayed motivated and really pushed us to stay healthy.
What you get with the Weight Challenge Tracker Template for Numbers:
This health challenge tracker template includes the following file types:
- .nbmtemplate – The true template file extension for a numbers template. This allows you to use this again and again and this template will remain intact and untouched.
- .numbers – The default file type for Apple Numbers.
- .numbers (Numbers’09) – For those with older versions of Apple Numbers
*If you don’t have the App Numbers you can download it by going to Mac App Store.