Terms and conditions for website usage
The term ‘MacTemplates.com’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website which is under Imaginate Studio network. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- MacTemplates.com contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Except as specifically stated herein, nothing contained on the website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark of MacTemplates.com or any other party that may be displayed on the website without the written permission of MacTemplates.com or such third party that may own such mark or logo. Your use of such marks or logos, or any other content on the website, is strictly prohibited, except as stated herein. You are also advised that MacTemplates.com will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- MacTemplates.com may make changes to any products offered or to the prices for any such products at any time, without notice.
- The information provided by MacTemplates.com may be out of date and we make no guarantees of timely updates and information.
- MacTemplates.com reserves the right to do any of the following, at any time and without notice: modify, terminate or suspend access to the MacTemplates.com website and store.
- All sales at MacTemplates.com are subject to Utah law.
By purchasing a template (or works) from MacTemplates.com you agree to the licensing terms found here: http://mactemplates.com/licensing-terms/
Given the nature of downloadable digital items, we do not generally offer a refund or credit on a purchase unless required under US consumer law or other relevant consumer protection laws. If you would like to request a refund or credit on a purchase, you should open a support ticket.
We will assess refund or credit requests on their merits, considering the digital nature of Mac Templates items and the type of item preview that was available before purchase. There is no obligation to provide a refund or credit in situations like the following:
- you have changed your mind about an item;
- you bought an item by mistake;
- you do not have sufficient expertise to use the item;
- your printer or other hardware isn’t sufficient to present/show/display template;
- you ask for goodwill; or
- you can no longer access the item because it has been removed from MacTemplates.com (we advise you to download items as soon as you buy them to avoid this situation).
Disputes lodged with payment agents: If, as a buyer, you lodge a dispute with a payment agent, this will result in a freezing of your MacTemplates account until the dispute raised with the payment agent has been closed. This makes it very complex to resolve any related issues, and means we cannot make payments or issue refunds out of your Mac Templates account, so we encourage buyers to contact us directly first to see if we can help resolve any concerns.
Age: You need to be 18 years or over to become a member (own a Mac Templates Account). If you’re under 18 you will need to be under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years of age, and this adult will be responsible for all your activities.
Benefits: Membership is free. When you become a member you get a Mac Templates account that is accessible from mactemplates.com. Your membership will allow you to ‘buy’ (license) items from our store, participate in our online forums, and generally contribute to our ecosystem of sites that help people get started faster with a template for their Mac.
Your responsibility: You promise that information you give us is true, accurate and complete and that you will keep your account information up-to-date (including a working email address). Your membership is not transferrable. You are responsible for any use of the Mac Templates sites that occurs in conjunction with your username and password so keep your password secure and don’t let any other person use your username or password on your behalf. If you realise there’s any unauthorized use of your password or any breach of security you need to let us know immediately.
Use of Information
Privacy: We respect your privacy. When you become a member you will be asked to provide some information about yourself. This information may be used by us and contractors in connection with providing the Mac Templates sites and their services, including marketing activities.
Confidential Information: We value your information and take reasonable precautions to protect it. While we take reasonable steps to preserve the security of your information, please be aware that we can’t promise that your use of Mac Templates will be confidential, and we can’t promise that any information you provide to us is perfectly secure. While using Mac Templates, you may also become aware of confidential information about us or another member. You promise to not disclose any confidential information made available to you through Mac Templates to any other person.
Prohibited Conduct: Mac Templates is founded on the idea of making creative projects easier with templates for the great Mac community and like any functioning and healthy community, some things are not allowed and will not be tolerated. We aim to take a common sense approach to the general code of conduct on Mac Templates but you promise that you will not:
- use a false email address, impersonate others, or misrepresent your affiliation with others;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to computer systems or content through Mac Templates;
- attempt to contact other members through Mac Templates site or use any information gained from Mac Templates site with the intention to make a private arrangement that would otherwise be made using the Mac Templates site;
- enter any arrangements that are not consistent with these terms;
- use information gathered from or through Mac Templates site in a way that may confuse or mislead consumers (for example, automatically gathering information to set up a site that looks like one of our sites);
- attempt to or actually interrupt, negatively impact or alter Mac Templates site operation in any way;
- use Mac Templates site or any of the content in a way that violates applicable law, that violates the intellectual property or other rights of us or others, or that is fraudulent, obscene, unprofessional, offensive, misleading or defamatory;
- modify, reproduce, display, publish, distribute, copy, transmit, perform, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, content, software, or item obtained from or through the Mac Templates site, other than in accordance with these terms or the license for the item.
Eligibility, suspension or termination: Membership is not an automatic right, it is a benefit for community members who follow our reasonable rules and treat other community members well. We hope that you will be with us for a long time. But we do reserve the right, based on our reasonable discretion, to determine whether or not your use of Mac Templates complies with these terms. We can suspend or terminate your Mac Templates account at any time for any reason (acting reasonably of course), including if you don’t comply with these terms. If we do decide to permanently terminate your Mac Templates account you must not apply for a new account as unfortunately you will no longer be welcome in our community.
We have no responsibility to you or to any another person for all liabilities, costs, expenses (including legal fees) and loss arising from third party claims.
We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defence of such claim.
Availability: We strive to have the Mac Templates site available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week but you know how the internet works: occasionally you might not be able to access the Mac Templates site, and this might happen for any reason, at any time, with or without notice, or at our absolute discretion. We might also change aspects of how Mac Templates site works. We will not be liable to you for any loss you suffer as a result of these things.
Relationship between the parties: Nothing in these terms is to be construed as constituting a partnership, joint venture, employment or agency relationship between you and us, or between you and any other member. Neither you nor us can bind each other in any way.
Notices: Any notice you send us must be submitted via a support ticket. Any notice we send to you will be emailed to your Mac Templates account email address.
Changes to Mac Templates Terms: Although we can change any of our terms at any time we will take reasonable steps to let you know when we do so.
Interpretation: Words like ‘include’ and ‘including’ are not words of limitation and where anything is within our discretion we mean our sole discretion.
Applicable Laws: We control and operate the Mac Templates site from our offices in the Salt Lake City area. The laws of Utah, USA govern these user terms, and you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts there.
NO RIGHTS TO VOLUNTEERED INFORMATION